In the newest U.S. News & World Report online program rankings, the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University ranked top 10 across eight programs and disciplines, including taking the top spot for online bachelor’s in business programs.
The peer-reviewed rankings, which were released publicly today, also named W. P. Carey’s online MBA No. 7 in the country, ahead of the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, the University of Arizona and Rice University.
For the top spot for online bachelor's, the school tied with the University of Florida and ahead of Pennsylvania State University – World Campus and the University of Arizona.
Additionally, U.S. News named W. P. Carey among the best in a variety of online programs and specialties, including:
- No. 3, online MBA in management, ahead of the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Southern California.
- No. 4, online MBA programs for veterans, ahead of Rice University; the University of Maryland — College Park; and the University of Arizona.
- No. 4, online MBA in marketing, ahead of the University of Southern California, the University of Florida and the University of Arizona.
- No. 5, online MBA in analytics, ahead of the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, Rice University and the University of Washington.
- No. 6, online MBA in finance, ahead of George Washington University, Babson College and the University of Utah.
- No. 9, online master’s in business programs (non-MBA), tied with Duke University and ahead of Pennsylvania State University – World Campus and the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.
The U.S. News rankings are the output of several factors, including student engagement, expert opinion, faculty credentials and training, services and technologies, and student excellence.
“W. P. Carey continues to transform and push the boundaries of online business education,” said Ohad Kadan, the Charles J. Robel Dean of the W. P. Carey School of Business. “Through our strategic focus on access, excellence and innovation, we are proud to offer students the opportunity to earn a top business degree that fits into their busy lives. These rankings reflect the quality of our online programs; they are equivalent in curriculum, students and faculty to our traditional programs.”
MORE: US News ranks ASU among best in nation for online programs
ASU has long been a leader in online education. The W. P. Carey Online MBA has been ranked a top-10 program by U.S. News every year since the ranking’s inception.
“W. P. Carey is focused on providing an online MBA where students master skills to drive change, lead teams and help companies think entrepreneurially,” said Luiz Mesquita, associate dean of graduate programs at W. P. Carey. “We are proud of the value of our programs, and these rankings reinforce that.”
The W. P. Carey School of Business ranks top 25 in U.S. News & World Report for 31 distinct undergraduate and graduate programs and fields of study, the most of any business school in the country. The online Master of Science in business analytics program was also ranked No. 3 in the U.S. by Fortune in its list of Best Online Master’s in Business Analytics Programs.