Library Liaison Committee
Purpose and Functions
The Library Liaison Committee shall advise the University Librarian on policies and strategic issues relating to the University Libraries and issues pertaining to innovations in forms of scholarly communication. It assists the library administration in determining the effect on collection development policy of new or changing programs, changing patterns of faculty and student use of the library and its resources, and the varied needs of the different disciplines.
The committee shall be composed of at least four members of the Academic Assembly appointed by the Chair of the UAC, in consultation with the chair of the University Services and Facilities Committee to staggered two-year terms, and the Chair-Elect of the Librarians Assembly elected by librarians to serve a one-year term. Committee selection will be based on representation from all campuses and a variety of disciplines. The committee members will elect a chair from the membership. The University Librarian shall serve as an ex officio, non-voting member. The University Librarian does not serve as chair, but will work with the chair in structuring the agenda. Constituted after passage of Senate motion 2011-14.
- Claudia Villegas-Silva, School of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies 2023
- Tina Sauber, College of Health Sciences, Downtown Phoenix campus 2023
- Trevor Reed,College of Law, Downtown Phoenix campus 2024
- Lindsay Smith, School for the Future of Innovation in Society, Tempe campus 2024
- Vikas Garg, College of Integrative Sciences and Arts, Polytechnic campus 2024
- Konstantinos Tsakalis, School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, Tempe campus 2024
- James O'Donnell, University Librarian