Purpose and Functions
Purpose and function: to serve in an advisory capacity on matters concerning research and creative activities. The RCA committee serves as a review body for policies in the ASU research manual (RSP) and faculty/AP research related topics found in the ACD manual or other manuals at ASU, as well as topics/issues brought to it by the university provost¹, the Executive Vice President of ASU Knowledge Enterprise and/or the University Senate. The RCA is responsible for reporting the committee actions received in annual reports from the Classified Research Committee and the Misconduct in Research Committee, as well as outcomes and recommendations to the Senate for any issues that have been taken on as actions items.
- Appointed members: the committee shall be composed of nine members from the Academic Assembly appointed by the chair of the University Academic Council, in consultation with ASU Knowledge Enterprise and the Senate Committee on Committees, to staggered three-year terms, with two additional members appointed by the Executive Vice President of ASU Knowledge Enterprise.
- Ex officio: the Executive Vice President of ASU Knowledge Enterprise and the University Senate President shall serve as ex officio nonvoting members.
- Terms: each appointed voting member shall serve staggered three-year terms.
- Michael Todd, Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Downtown Phoenix campus 2024
- John Fricks, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Tempe campus 2025
- Juliet Hart Barnett, Teacher Preparation, Tempe campus 2025
- Christopher Rojas, School of Life Sciences, Tempe campus 2025
- Katelyn Bolhofner, Mathematical and Natural Sciences, West campus 2026
- Cynthia Bolton, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies, Tempe camps 2026
- Gilberto Lopez, School of Transborder Studies, Tempe campus 2026
- Sha Xin Wei, School of Arts Media and Engineering, Tempe campus 2026
- Claudine DeCarolis, School of Criminology & Criminal Justice, Downtown Phoenix campus 2026
Members from the ASU Knowledge Enterprise:
Ex officio membership: