Research and Creative Activities Committee
Purpose and Functions
Purpose and function: to serve in an advisory capacity on matters concerning research and creative activities. The RCA committee serves as a review body for policies in the ASU research manual (RSP) and faculty/AP research related topics found in the ACD manual or other manuals at ASU, as well as topics/issues brought to it by the university provost¹, the senior vice president for the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and/or the University Senate. The RCA is responsible for reporting the committee actions received in annual reports from the Classified Research Committee and the Misconduct in Research Committee, as well as outcomes and recommendations to the Senate for any issues that have been taken on as actions items.
- Appointed members: the committee shall be composed of nine members from the Academic Assembly appointed by the chair of the University Academic Council, in consultation with the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and the Senate Committee on Committees, to staggered three-year terms, with two additional members appointed by the Senior VP for the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development (OKED)
- Ex officio: the Senior Vice President of the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and the University Senate President shall serve as ex officio nonvoting members.
- Terms: each appointed voting member shall serve staggered three-year terms.
- David Sailor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning 2021
- Pauline Davies, Hugh Downs School of Human Communication, Tempe campus 2022
- Huaiyu Chen, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies, Tempe campus 2022
- Shirly Montero Quesada, School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences, Tempe campus 2023
- H. L.T. Quan, School of Social Transformation, Tempe campus 2023
- Joni Adamson, Department of English, Tempe campus 2023
- Steve Helms Tillery, School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Tempe campus 2023
- Shawn Jordan, Polytechnic Sch EGR Prgrms, Polytechnic campus 2023
- Rebecca Lee, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Downtown campus 2023
Members from the Office of Knowledge Enterprise:
- Hugh Barnaby, School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, 2022
- Bradley Greger, School of Biological & Health Systems Engineering,2021
Ex officio membership: