Research and Creative Activities Committee
Purpose and Functions
Purpose and function: to serve in an advisory capacity on matters concerning research and creative activities. The RCA committee serves as a review body for policies in the ASU research manual (RSP) and faculty/AP research related topics found in the ACD manual or other manuals at ASU, as well as topics/issues brought to it by the university provost¹, the senior vice president for the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and/or the University Senate. The RCA is responsible for reporting the committee actions received in annual reports from the Classified Research Committee and the Misconduct in Research Committee, as well as outcomes and recommendations to the Senate for any issues that have been taken on as actions items.
- Appointed members: the committee shall be composed of nine members from the Academic Assembly appointed by the chair of the University Academic Council, in consultation with the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and the Senate Committee on Committees, to staggered three-year terms, with two additional members appointed by the Senior VP for the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development (OKED)
- Ex officio: the Senior Vice President of the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and the University Senate President shall serve as ex officio nonvoting members.
- Terms: each appointed voting member shall serve staggered three-year terms.
- Michael Todd, Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Downtown campus 2024
- Shirly Montero Quesada, School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences, Tempe campus 2023
- Barry Moon, School of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies, West campus 2024
- Steve Helms Tillery, Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Tempe campus 2023
- Rebecca Lee, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Downtown Phoenix campus 2023
- Elena Rocchi, The Design School, Tempe campus 2024
- John Fricks, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Tempe campus 2025
- Juliet Hart Barnett, Teacher Preparation, Tempe campus 2025
- Christopher Rojas, School of Life Sciences, Tempe campus 2025
Members from the Office of Knowledge Enterprise:
Ex officio membership:
- Neal Woodbury, Interim Executive Vice President, Knowledge Enterprise
- Penny Ann Dolin, University Senate President