Purpose and Functions
Purpose and function: to serve in an advisory capacity on matters concerning research and creative activities. The RCA committee serves as a review body for policies in the ASU research manual (RSP) and faculty/AP research related topics found in the ACD manual or other manuals at ASU, as well as topics/issues brought to it by the university provost¹, the senior vice president for the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and/or the University Senate. The RCA is responsible for reporting the committee actions received in annual reports from the Classified Research Committee and the Misconduct in Research Committee, as well as outcomes and recommendations to the Senate for any issues that have been taken on as actions items.
- Appointed members: the committee shall be composed of nine members from the Academic Assembly appointed by the chair of the University Academic Council, in consultation with the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and the Senate Committee on Committees, to staggered three-year terms, with two additional members appointed by the Senior VP for the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development (OKED)
- Ex officio: the Senior Vice President of the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development and the University Senate President shall serve as ex officio nonvoting members.
- Terms: each appointed voting member shall serve staggered three-year terms.
- James Lyons, School of Earth and Space Exploration, 2020
- Pauline Davies, Hugh Downs School of Human Communication, 2022
- Huaiyu Chen, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies, 2022
- Joan McGregor, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies, 2021
- Jesenia Pizarro, School of Criminology & Criminal Justice, 2020
- David Sailor, School of Geological Science & Urban Planning, 2021
- Natalia Wilson, College of Health Solutions, 2020
- Deepak Chhabra, School of Community Resources & Development, 2020
Members from the Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development:
- Hugh Barnaby, School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, 2022
- Bradley Gregor, School of Biological & Health Systems Engineering
Ex officio membership: