Review of University Committees Ad-Hoc Committee: 2016-2017
In adherence to the spirit of University Senate Constitution bylaw II. D. The committee should research and review University standing committees (Provost, President, OKED, etc) with the following preliminary goals in mind: compile a list of committees most important to the Senate, explore ways in which communication can be improved between these committees and the Senate, evaluate current levels of faculty representation, make additional recommendations as appropriate.
The committee is also asked to review Bylaw II D of the Senate constitution and provide recommended changes so that Bylaw II D better reflects current expectations and practices. These recommendations will be provide to the Bylaws Review Task Force.
The review and recommendations should be completed by the End of the 2016 fall semester.
- Kathleen Puckett, Senate President
- Brenda Hosley, President – elect Downtown Phoenix campus
- Igor Shovkovy, President – elect Polytechnic campus
- Shirley Rose, President – elect Tempe campus
- Stefan Stantchev, President – elect West campus
Ex officio membership
- Chuck Barbee, director University Senate office
- University Provost website containing the list of rosters, boards and councils: https://provost.asu.edu/committees