Governance Grievance Committee
Purpose and FunctionsThe committee shall follow the policies and procedures for grievances established in ASU policy ACD 509–02, “Grievance Policy for Faculty.
The committee shall hear cases assigned to it by the Clearinghouse Committee. These cases are normally cases other than those involving academic freedom and tenure or discrimination. Such cases include grievances involving salary inequities, teaching assignment, access to equipment, and any unfair treatment of faculty by other faculty or administrators.
Membership GuidelinesTwelve members: six from the Tempe campus and two each from the Downtown campus, the Polytechnic campus and the West campus. Members shall be elected by the Academic Assembly from among tenured professors and tenured associate professors for a period of three years. Assembly members may vote only for those nominees for their campus. One-third of the elected members shall be replaced each year. Members may not hold administrative positions of department chair or higher.
- Jennifer Bekki, The Polytechnic School, Polytechnic campus, 2023
- Pamela Swan, College of Health Solutions, Downtown Phoenix campus, 2023
- Gary Sweeten, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Downtown Phoenix campus, 2023
- Marianne Kim, School of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies, West campus, 2023
- Vincent Waldron, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, West campus, 2023
- Andrea Pittman, College of Health Solutions, Downtown Phoenix campus, 2024
- Naomi Jackson, School of Music, Dance and Theatre, Tempe campus, 2024
- Karen Leong, School of Social Transformation, Tempe campus 2025
- Mike Tueller, School of International Letters and Cultures, Tempe campus 2025
- Hugh Barnaby, School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, Tempe campus 2025
- H. L. T. Quan, School of Social Transformation, Tempe campus 2025
- Rong Pan, School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence, Tempe campus 2025
- President of the University Senate
To officially submit a grievance, please go to Filing a Grievance.