Governance Grievance Committee
Purpose and FunctionsThe committee shall follow the policies and procedures for grievances established in ASU policy ACD 509–02, “Grievance Policy for Faculty.
The committee shall hear cases assigned to it by the Clearinghouse Committee. These cases are normally cases other than those involving academic freedom and tenure or discrimination. Such cases include grievances involving salary inequities, teaching assignment, access to equipment, and any unfair treatment of faculty by other faculty or administrators.
Membership GuidelinesTwelve members: six from the Tempe campus and two each from the Downtown campus, the Polytechnic campus and the West campus. Members shall be elected by the Academic Assembly from among tenured professors and tenured associate professors for a period of three years. Assembly members may vote only for those nominees for their campus. One-third of the elected members shall be replaced each year. Members may not hold administrative positions of department chair or higher.
- Carla van de Sande, Tempe campus, Math and Statistical Sciences, 2021
- Pamela Swan, College of Health Solutions, Downtown Phoenix campus, 2023
- Gary Sweeten, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Downtown Phoenix campus, 2023
- Marianne Kim, School of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies, West campus, 2023
- Vincent Waldron, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, West campus, 2023
- Juliet Barnett, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Tempe campus, 2021
- Heather Bimonte-Nelson, Psychology, Tempe campus 2022
- Kevin Dooley, Supply Chain Management, Tempe campus 2022
- Kathleen Lamp-Fortuno, Writing, Rhetorics and Literacies, Tempe campus 2022
- Charles T. Lee, Justice and Social Inquiry, Tempe campus 2022
- Elliott Rabinovich, Supply Chain Management, Tempe campus 2022
- Jennifer Bekki, EGR Programs, Polytechnic campus 2022
- Kathleen Puckett, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Polytechnic campus 2023
- President of the University Senate
To officially submit a grievance, please go to Filing a Grievance.